[IPython-dev] frontend namespace flattened (major change)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jun 30 21:23:04 CDT 2013

git submodules are indeed a PITA, but they are the least bad solution
we've been able to find to the problem of managing external source
trees of JS libraries.

The alternative would be to require users to manually track all that
themselves, which is even worse.

As much as I love and preach git, submodules are the one thing I
really dislike and I do trip pretty badly on. Unfortunately I don't
see a cleaner solution at this point in time.