[IPython-dev] MPI on Windows HPC

Aron Ahmadia aron@ahmadia....
Wed Sep 25 10:51:46 CDT 2013

> My understanding is that I really want these to be recognised as part of
> the
> same group - is this possible?

This is an MPI question, not an IPython question.

That said, the answer depends on your MPI implementation.  MPI_COMM_WORLD
(which is the communicator you're using here), is populated at process
launch.  There are ways to form groups of processes after process launch,
see intracommunicators in the MPI-2 documentation, but you should
understand that this is not a very commonly used technique in the HPC
world.

Cheers,
Aron