[IPython-dev] scp error in ipcluster start when profile doesn't exist on engine host

Drain, Theodore R (392P) theodore.r.drain@jpl.nasa....
Wed Feb 19 12:34:58 CST 2014

It's from Feb 05.  I'll update to the latest and go from there.

Thanks.

________________________________
From: ipython-dev-bounces@scipy.org [ipython-dev-bounces@scipy.org] on behalf of MinRK [benjaminrk@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:21 AM
To: IPython developers list
Subject: Re: [IPython-dev] scp error in ipcluster start when profile doesn't exist on engine host

What is the commit you are using? I believe this was fixed very recently in master.

-MinRK

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Drain, Theodore R (392P) <theodore.r.drain@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:theodore.r.drain@jpl.nasa.gov>> wrote:
I'm running the 2.0 development code and getting an error when I try to start a cluster using the ssh engine launcher.  The error happens when it tries to copy the json security file to the engine.  If any of the directories in the path to the json file (.ipython/profile_NAME/security) don't exist, then scp throws an exception which stops the cluster.

It's fairly annoying to have to log in to each machine in my cluster and create a directory tree every time I change the name of the profile.  So - is this the expected behavior?

There are some ways to use scp (or maybe rsync) that might be more robust:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1340048/how-do-i-create-a-directory-on-remote-host-if-it-doesnt-exist-without-ssh-ing-i

Thanks,
Ted