[IPython-dev] output toggle for slideviewer

Damián Avila damianavila@gmail....
Thu Feb 27 05:48:17 CST 2014

Hi John,

> So I'm thinking maybe a flag, or a separate slideviewer url bar or even
> separate website for input-removed slides, would be a really great addition
> to this tool.

Slideviewer needs an update... it is currently running a very old version
in Heroku.
You can see the discussion here:
https://github.com/ipython/nbviewer/issues/52

BTW, I have an WIP experimental branch (beware, I have to rebase it), which
implements slideviewer as a clone of the new nbviewer:
https://github.com/ipython/nbviewer/pull/150
So use can use it locally (is a python package) to render your slides
without using nbconvert nor gh-pages...

I will try work on it a little more and deploy it to Heroku...

Regarding your idea about the "hide input" functionality, it is interesting
and I can provide a way to do it without too much effort. I will take it
into account.

My final goal is a sweet integration of slideviewer into the official
nbviewer app, but we need some things to be done first in nbviewer to
finally integrate it (if the devs consensus want to have slideviewer as a
part of nbviewer ;-)).

Cheers.

--
Damián Avila