[IPython-dev] IPython 2.0.0-b1
Fri Mar 7 17:50:06 CST 2014
We are excited to announce the first beta release of IPython 2.0.0. We
would very much appreciate your help ironing it out before the final
release in a few weeks. We still have a few bugs and lots of documentation
we plan to get to before release, but it should be feature complete.
Give it a try: http://archive.ipython.org/testing/2.0.0/
A quick summary of
Major new features:
- New modal UI in the notebook (check out the UI Tour in the Help Menu)
- New Interactive Widgets (you can check out the
nbviewer, but they really have to be tested interactively to see how
cool they are.
- Filesystem navigation from the dashboard (no more uuid urls)
- single Python 2 / Python 3 codebase (no more 2to3)
- Some notebook security. We will post a more detailed writeup of this
This is the first release of IPython to try the wheel binary format, which
is a much smaller download and faster to install, so if you have any issues
with the wheel, do let us know.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IPython-dev