[IPython-user] Strange behaviour of generator in IPython

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:52:49 CDT 2003

Karl Pflästerer wrote:
> Hi,
> I searched the list archive and the bug tracker but found nothing about
> that issue (well I'm not sure if it's a bug so I report it first here).

Yup, it's a bug.  Sorry 'bout that.

I've isolated where it happens, but I don't have a fix yet.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be working again on ipyhton somewhat
seriously, in order to flush my huge backlog.  I'll work on critical bugs
(like this one) first, and then I'll deal with the rest in cronological (FIFO)
order.

I've also seen some disturbing crash reports recently, all of which have been
triggered by python 2.3's inspect.py module.  I don't know yet if it's a bug
in inspect or just a change in behavior which I need to work against.  But
hopefully all that will clear up.

So stay tuned...

Cheers,

f.