[IPython-user] IPython 0.5.0.rc1 ready for your testing pleasure!
fperez at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 19 20:43:42 CDT 2003
I've just uploaded a first release candidate (hopefully final) for 0.5.0.
With Scipy'03 coming up, I'm trying to flush out my huge backlog with ipython.
I was able to flush most of the bug reports from the past three months
(actually all, I think). In particular:
- generators being called twice for every next() call when in list
- major cleanups to the innermost loop and the object finder. This critical
code is now smaller, faster and above all, safer. All spurious eval() calls
on user input are gone.
- deep_reload failures with dotted module names.
- hardened the traceback printer against many crashes caused by bugs in pdb,
inspect and user-level code
- @edit failure to load a file if a variable with the same name exists
Plus other smaller fixes. Some of these are critical enough that after a few
days, I'd like to put this out as 0.5.0 and deprecate 0.4.0.
The NEWS file has more details:
As usual, downloads are available at:
Next, I'll get back on track to work on Gary's contributions for the Windows
side of things.
Please take this code for a spin (especially if you had known crash cases for
ipython) and let me know how it goes.
More information about the IPython-user