[IPython-user] Ipython in XEmacs under W2k

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:14:16 CDT 2003

Jannie Hofmeyr wrote:

> I am trying to get the IPython (0.5)-shell to work with Xemacs (21.4.13) and
> Python 2.2.3 under Windows (W2K), using ipython.el and the patched
> python.el.

[snip]

> This batch file works fine for opening a normal ipython shell.
>
> When I C-c ! in Xemacs a shell window opens as a comint process:
>
> Proc     Status   Buffer     Tty     Command
> ----     ------   ------     ---     -------
> Python   run      *Python*   (none)	 ipython -i -colors LightBG

I don't know what the problem can be, since I don't use Windows.  I use the
files you mentioned under Linux, and if I type C-c !, the buffers are:

  MR Buffer           Size  Mode         File
  *  *Python*	      383  Comint

> Has anyone attempted this and solved the problem? Ipython is such a great
> tool (thanks Fernando!!)that I would dearly like to get it going in
> (X)Emacs.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.  Perhaps a Windows/Xemacs guru can help :)

Best,