[IPython-user] IPython and psyco?

David J. C. Beach beach at verinet.com
Mon Jun 2 12:10:02 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 12:00, Kasper Souren wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently checking out psyco (http://psyco.sf.net), the Python speed-up
> thingy.
>
> But I'm experiencing some strange errors when trying to use it from IPython.
> Probably because they're kind of related, and are working on the same kind of
> stuff. I'm getting weird crashes, problems when using psyco's logging
> function and problems when trying IPython's @prun.
> Before diving deeper into this, I would like to know whether there are there
> some people here who know more about this...

I'm using psyco, but haven't tried it from within IPython yet.
Are you trying to do a psyco.full() from within IPython?  I can imagine
that this would probably cause problems.

Do you have problems if you specifically select particular functions for
compilation by psyco?  e.g.

import psyco
psyco.bind(mymodule.MyClass.methodFoo)

Dave