[IPython-user] IPython and psyco?

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Sat Jun 7 20:19:02 CDT 2003

Hi Kasper,

> I'm currently checking out psyco (http://psyco.sf.net), the Python speed-up
>  thingy.
>
> But I'm experiencing some strange errors when trying to use it from
> IPython. Probably because they're kind of related, and are working on the
> same kind of stuff. I'm getting weird crashes, problems when using psyco's
> logging function and problems when trying IPython's @prun. Before diving
> deeper into this, I would like to know whether there are there some people
> here who know more about this...

I hadn't replied basically because I've never used psyco, so there's little I
can offer.  I'd like to have ipython play nicely with it, but psyco is radical
and experimental enough that some problems would not surprise me.

If you make any progress, please let me know.  And if there are specific
things which can be done on ipython's side to improve compatibility with
psyco, I'd be glad to do them.

Best,

f.