[IPython-user] turn off screen clearing?

Keith Beattie KSBeattie at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 30 19:53:45 CDT 2003

On 06/30/2003 04:57 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:

> So unless someone has any further insights into this issue, I'm
> afraid this annoying behavior will stay in the ipython code.  But I
> find it rather ugly, so I'm open to further comments.  With a good
> argument, I'll be convinced to write in workaround code for future
> versions.

Well, I don't have a convincing argument and agree that it's ugly, but at worst a cosmetic problem. I tried it on FreeBSD and it happens there on a console (TERM=cons25), 'TERM=dumb ipython' worked.  I haven't installed X there, so hopefully it will go away in a gnome-terminal like it does on linux.  If not, an "alias ipython='TERM=dumb ipython'" will probably work for me.

Thanks for your time,
ksb

--
// Keith S. Beattie                         Secure Grid Technologies Group \\
// KSBeattie at lbl.gov                        Distributed Systems Department \\