[IPython-user] Crash

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 27 14:54:08 CST 2003

Robin Siebler wrote:
> I installed IPython-0.2.15pre3, played with it for about 1 minute and had
> it crash.  It said it was generating a log.  What might the name of
> location of this log be?

Mmhhh. Not good :(  It should leave its log file in
~/.ipython/IPythonCrashReport.txt, where ~ expands to 'HOME', whatever that
means under Windows.  Typically, it ends up being the 'MyDocuments' folder, I
think.  On my laptop, it's:

/winxp/Documents and Settings/Fernando/.ipython

where /winxp looks like C: when I'm booted into windows.

If you can find it, please mail it to me so I can take a look.

Best,

f.