[IPython-user] IPython under Jython?

Jason Ives jives at gorge.net
Thu Mar 27 16:00:14 CST 2003

Hi,

Fernando Perez wrote:

    Insofar as IPyhton is pure python code, it should in principle work.   The
    only C extension I think it uses is readline, but that is optional (it won't
    crash if it can't find it).  But I personally don't know, and I'd love to hear
    reports of success/failure.  If it doesn't work, I'm sure the issues can be
    addressed, as ipython is in a sense a rather simple read/eval()/print loop.

Thanks for the quick response!  I will let you know how my attempt
goes...

Jason