[IPython-user] Crash

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 27 16:10:07 CST 2003

Robin Siebler wrote:
> I just searched for 'ipyt*'. I didn't get a hit for the log file.

Mmhhh.  Sorry, then.  I've tried pretty hard to make the crash handler be very
robust, and I've never seen it fail before.  But again, as we know Windows is
by far my weak side  :(

If this kind of crash happens again, you may try to start ipython in a
terminal by hand, so that when it crashes, at least you can _see_ the
traceback.  In that case maybe at least it would be possible to paste manually
the output for me to look at it.

At any rate, I'll try tonight to test 15pre3 under Windows to see what
happens.  Maybe I'll run into the problem right away  :)

Do you remember off hand what you were doing when it crashed?  At this point,
any information is useful for me.

Best regards,

Fernando.