[IPython-user] Crash

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 27 17:21:24 CST 2003

Robin Siebler wrote:
>>My python2.2 installation doesn't even have the curses\ directory, for some
>>odd reason.
>

> I'm using ActivePython 2.2.1
>

>>Could you try doing
>>In [1]: import curses
>

> In [1]: import curses
> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
>
> ?
>
> C:\Python22\lib\curses\__init__.py
>      13 __revision__ = "$Id: __init__.py,v 1.4 2001/04/05 16:08:41 akuchling Exp
>  $"
>      14
> ---> 15 from _curses import *
>      16 from curses.wrapper import wrapper
>      17
>
> ImportError: No module named _curses

Ok, this is seriously bizarre then.  I _do_ trap that very exception in
ipython, damn it!

All I can say then is that I'll download ActivePython 2.2.1, install it here
and try to reproduce the crash.  I need to produce the same behaviour on my
own system to be able to help you further.  I'll download this and I'll drop
you a line as soon as I make some progress.

Cheers,

f.