[IPython-user] readline problem

Kasper Souren Kasper.Souren at ircam.fr
Mon Mar 31 09:03:38 CST 2003

Hi!

I have experienced this many times, but never took the time to report it:

I think there's a problem with readline. When using ctrl-R (to search for
expressions typed in the past) you can 'pick' the found expression by moving
the cursor. However, pressing a cursor key has a side effect:

	In [63]: t = Transform_FFT(structures[0].fft)[A

The "[A" is caused by the cursor. I guess this has quite a lot to do with the
ANSI screen codes for the cursor key and IPython's handling of readline
stuff.

This problem doesn't occur in the plain Python shell with readline
functionality enabled.

bye,
Kasper