[IPython-user] On ipython under Windows (message from Jens)

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Sat Nov 1 21:25:56 CST 2003

Hi,

I'm forwarding this message from Jens, because for some reason I got it as a
'bounce' from the mailing list.

Subject: What could be the problem?
From: jens_brandenburg at gmx.net
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 12:04:48 -0600 (CST)
To: sigurd at 12move.de, ipython-user-bounces at scipy.net

Okay, I checked all these things, Karl P. wrotes about and I found
something... IPython doesn't start by typing "ipython" in the cmd.com... What
could be the problem? So long...

I suspect you need to set your $PATH variable to include the directory where
ipython itself is located.  But under Windows, I don't know how to do that.
Furthermore, ipython is a script run by python, under Unix this is given by
the top line

#!/usr/bin/env python

but I don't know what the equivalent incantation is for Windows.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I know next to nothing about Windows.

Best,