[IPython-user] Don't know what to do!

Jens Brandenburg jens_brandenburg at gmx.net
Thu Nov 13 08:53:30 CST 2003

> The path of the shell which XEmacs uses to start a Python process.  That
> shell must also be able to find Ipython.  If you start it (eg. cmd.com)
> and type ipython, what happens?  Does Ipython start? Or how do you start
> Ipython?

Hi Karl,

I 've done everthing as you told me. The libary is loaded but ipython
doesn't start...
That's why I try to start ipython by typing "ipython" in the cmd.com but
this doesn't work. The following message is printed out: 'ipython is not
recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
So I tried it under Cygwin (because a friend told me) but only the message
is another: C:\Programme\Python\Python23\python.exe: can't open file
'/cygdrive/c/Programme/Python/Python23/Scripts/ipython'

Well, maybe you have an idea...

thanks

--
Jens Brandenburg