[IPython-user] Gnuplot 1.6 incompatibility?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Oct 2 09:38:52 CDT 2003

Hi,

I just wanted to show off how nicely you can
do plots with gnuplot from within Ipython but
terribly failed ;-(

It boils down to

In [2]: import IPython.Gnuplot2 as Gnuplot
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call
last)

/home/abaecker/<console>

/home/python/PYTHON/lib/python2.3/site-packages/IPython/Gnuplot2.py
     43
     44 # Fix the File class to add the 'index' option
---> 45 class File(Gnuplot_ori.File):
     46
     47     _option_list = Gnuplot_ori.File._option_list.copy()

/home/python/PYTHON/lib/python2.3/site-packages/IPython/Gnuplot2.py in
File()
     45 class File(Gnuplot_ori.File):
     46
---> 47     _option_list = Gnuplot_ori.File._option_list.copy()
     48     _option_list.update({
     49         'index' : lambda self, index:
self.set_option_index(index),

AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute '_option_list'

In [3]: import Gnuplot

In [4]: Gnuplot.__version__
Out[4]: '1.6'

I think up to now I was using 1.5, so it seems
like change in the original gnuplot causing the problem.
If I have time I will try to have a closer look at this
over the weekend...

Arnd