[IPython-user] ipython-ized pdb? or ipython-specific breakpoint?

Keith Beattie KSBeattie at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 10 01:55:48 CDT 2003

Hi all,

So, I've started using pdb and I really miss ipython's tab-completion at
the Pdb prompt.  Is there any way to get the best of both worlds here?

I tried 'setting a breakpoint' by inserting a 'raise "IPython
Breakpoint"' statement into my code and letting ipython dump me into
pdb, but I was hoping that somehow I'd then have the power of the
IPython prompt and not just a normal Pdb prompt.

Could the desired effect be achieved if there was some way of setting an
IPython-specific breakpoint?  Perhaps an exception that IPython could
catch and leave me at the prompt with all context in place so
tab-completion would work?

Hopelessly addicted to ipython....
ksb