[IPython-user] ipython-ized pdb? or ipython-specific breakpoint?

fperez at colorado.edu fperez at colorado.edu
Fri Oct 10 10:15:17 CDT 2003

Quoting Keith Beattie <KSBeattie at lbl.gov>:

> So, I've started using pdb and I really miss ipython's tab-completion at
> the Pdb prompt.  Is there any way to get the best of both worlds here?

Well, this is something I've already tried and failed.  I don't remember all
the
details, but basically I was never able to get proper readline collaboration in
the pdb prompt.  Mind you, it's something I didn't try too hard, and I'm sure
there's no fundamental reason why it can't be done.  It's just a matter of
devoting a bit of time to the issue, which right now unfortunately I don't
have.

Right now my unfortunately limited time goes into: evaluating the various
patches which I've received recently.  That means that if you write the patch,
you get bumped up on my todo list ;)

Joking aside, I'd love to get this to work better, but it may take some time.
It's in the todo though, so there's hope...

> Hopelessly addicted to ipython....

Glad to hear that!

Best,