[IPython-user] [Fwd: Ipython mode on XEmacs/XP not working]

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Apr 9 11:41:08 CDT 2004

Hi John,

I'm forwarding your message to the ipython users list, in the hopes that
somebody there who uses Windows can help.  I don't have access to a Windows
computer and I don't know how Windows handles search paths for file execution,
so I simply have no idea as to how to help you.

One note, concerning your comment 'On XP, Ipython does not distribute an
executable binary': IPython is a pure python script, so there is no such thing
as an 'executable ipython binary' for _any_ platform.  Under Unix, XEmacs with
ipython.el finds and uses ipython as its python shell without any problems.
But I suspect that's because the search path mechanisms are a bit different
between platforms.

If it turns out that some modifications are needed to make this work better
under Xemacs/XP, please let me know and I'll be glad to add them for future
releases.

Regards,

f.