[IPython-user] Notes on using ipython as a system shell ('pysh')

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Apr 12 20:41:38 CDT 2004

Hi everyone.

I finally found a bit of time to write things up on the whole 'ipython as
bash' discussion.  In advance, I apologize to all who have contributed for not
giving individual credit, I'm just too swamped right now.  Please consider
these notes a group effort, I'm in no way claiming credit for other's ideas.

Feel free to comment on this, and if someone cares enough to actually go ahead
and do this, let me know.  There would be an early cleanup phase which would
be absolutely necessary for something like this to succeed.  On the positive
side, the more I think about this the more likely, reasonable and appealing it
sounds to me.  It's just that I don't have the time resources to tackle it myself.