[IPython-user] Hate "working on region in file blah blah" when using python-mode.el

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sat Dec 11 03:25:35 CST 2004

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     BP> As a matter of fact, S-mode (for R or S-plus), matlab-mode all
>     BP> work in this way and I see no reason why we should tolerate
>     BP> "working on region in ..." any more.

[...]

> Also, you should really send this suggestion to the python-mode folks.
> IPython no longer ships with python-mode.el.

That is correct.  As of ipython 0.6.5, ipython only ships with ipython.el, and
  all development of python-mode rests squarely on that project.  They've
accepted the base patches for ipython compatibility, and from now on further
enhancements of the elisp base should be channeled to the python-mode team.
None of us (mainly Prabhu and A. Schmolck, since all I did was distribute
their work) are core developers of python-mode, so you should contact that
project directly at http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mode.

Regards,