[IPython-user] Emacs support: three problems

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Dec 13 11:33:43 CST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Alexander Schmolck wrote:

> You don't need that:
>
> > (autoload 'python-mode "python-mode" "Python editing mode." t)
>
> see if it works if you remove it (Can't immediately see why it would, though).

If I remove that line, I get this message in my minibuffer on starting
emacs and visiting a .py file:

File mode specification error: (void-function python-mode)

Anybody have a fairly minimal .emacs that has been verified to work?

> 'as

Pardon?

> p.s:
>
> > ;(setq py-python-command-args '("-p" "numeric"))
>
> Unless you always want to load that profile, you could also specify it on
> starting py-shell by doing C-u C-c! (if that doesn't work with the CVS
[...]

OK.  It is commented out, though, in case you missed that (it's just there
as snippet of magic I might need later).

John