[IPython-user] color with ipython inside emacs

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Tue Dec 28 21:56:21 CST 2004

[Forwarded from python-list as suggested by Fernando (and slightly
updated).]

Fernando Perez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:

> * Added ipython.el to the end-user distribution, for (X)Emacs support, since
> now the official python-mode.el from
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mode
>
> has all the necessary fixes for ipython support (in CVS at this moment).

I've never been able to get color working when using ipython within
emacs (21.3).  I just see various control codes in the *Python Output*
buffer.  I'm using ipython 0.6.5, ipython.el 1.8, python-mode 4.69
from CVS and ansi-color 3.4.5.  This happens with an empty .emacs and
`M-x load-library RET /path/to/ipython.el' in a fresh emacs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan