[IPython-user] version of python-mode.el in IPython

Ted Leung twl at sauria.com
Sun Jan 11 03:32:38 CST 2004

Hi Alexander,

I've tried it briefly tonight, using the ipython.el that you attached
and this
(http://www.sauria.com/~twl/code/elisp/python-mode-4.49-hacked.el)
merged version of python-mode.el 4.49 from SF CVS.   The minimal stuff
I tested works -- display of completions is kind of messed up.  This is
on a built from CVS emacs running on Mac OS X.  The biggest thing was
that I needed to do
(setq process-connection-type t) before starting up ipython.  You may
want to check my merge to make sure I did it right.  This is using
IPython 0.5.

Hope this helps

Ted