[IPython-user] version of python-mode.el in IPython

Ted Leung twl at sauria.com
Sun Jan 11 15:10:37 CST 2004

On Jan 11, 2004, at 5:20 AM, Alexander Schmolck wrote:

> Ted Leung <twl at sauria.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Alexander,
>>
>> I've tried it briefly tonight, using the ipython.el that you attached
>> and
>> this
>> (http://www.sauria.com/~twl/code/elisp/python-mode-4.49-hacked.el)
>> merged version of python-mode.el 4.49 from SF CVS. The minimal stuff I
>> tested works -- display of completions is kind of messed up.
>
> I've also had a brief look at CVS python-mode (after patched with the
> patch I
> submitted on sf.net) yesterday -- the trackeback jumping stuff (C-c-
> et al)
> was annoyingly no longer functional, but I noticed no other problems
> (I think
> I also tested completions). I'd very much like to see this python-mode
> mess
> finally sorted out so I'll try to give it a stab tonight, but I can't
> promise.
> I'll post to the list as soon as I've made some progress.

If there is other stuff you want me to test, let me know -- I'm still
learning the features of regular python mode -- I saw a bunch of stuff
in the keybinds as I was merging yestereday.

>> This is on a built from CVS emacs running on Mac OS X. The biggest
>> thing was
>> that I needed to do
>>
>> (setq process-connection-type t) before starting up ipython.
>
> Have you got any idea why this is necessary -- something OS X
> specific? I
> don't think I've encountered this before.

This appears to be OS X specific:  http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/
----
Ted Leung                          Blog: http://www.sauria.com/blog
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A  CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42