[IPython-user] Tab-complete filenames first

Ville Vainio vivainio at kolumbus.fi
Tue Jun 8 11:48:16 CDT 2004

(This is my first message here - hope it gets through properly)

I'm planning on starting to use ipython as a shell for Windows (why not
- it can't possibly suck more that cmd.exe). So far I've got the tab
completion working using python readline from uncpythontools (which
screws up the colors, BTW - even the standard interactive python starts
to display in bright white). Now, I need to make filenames the first
priority in choosing tab completions. What should I do?

Also getting the same nice colors I get on my home Linux box would be a
boon, but that's probably too much to ask right now...