[IPython-user] Installers for current CVS (basically a release candidate). Testers, please?

Viktor Ransmayr viktor.ransmayr at t-online.de
Wed Jun 9 01:05:19 CDT 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/ I've packaged the current
> CVS code as:
>
> 1. The usual .tgz
> 2. rpms tagged with the proper Python version
> 3. *** a proper windows executable installer! (thanks to Cory Dodt)
>
> These now contain all the recent features properly documented, along
> with many fixes.  For those who missed the previous mail, the
> highlights are:
>
> - windows color support is supposed to work out of the box (thanks to
> Gary Bishop)
> - bash-like customizable prompts, and a new 'shell' profile included.
> Yes, I now have 'pysh' as an alias to 'ipython -p shell' and I use it
> for on-the-fly system scripting (thanks to W.J. van der Laan).
>
> I would greatly appreciate feedback from Windows users on whether (3)
> works or not, since I made it 'blindly' under Linux, and have no way
> to run it.  If it does, I'll stop shipping .zip files for Windows
> users and continue from now on with this executable installer.
>
> *** WARNING --- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE***
> If you update, you'll need to fix ALL your ipythonrc files to use, in
> your prompt_in2 strings, '\D' instead of '%n'.  Otherwise your prompts
> won't print properly.  Sorry about this, but trivial as it sounds, it
> is nearly impossible for me to keep compatibility with the old syntax
> while implementing the new, much more flexible prompt system.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Fernando,

I tried to install the current CVS version on WinXP Pro and failed :-(

I'm attaching my internal configuration log, which contains the
traceback I've received:

2004-06-09 07:55:06

o Install IPython-0.6.1.cvs
 - Follow the instructions in "Upgrading from a previous version" and
   delete the directory C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Viktor
RANSMAYR\.ipython

o Installation failed w/ the following traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Python23\Scripts\ipython_win_post_install.py", line 126, in ?
    run()
  File "D:\Python23\Scripts\ipython_win_post_install.py", line 86, in run
    shutil.copytree('doc',doc_dir)
  File "D:\Python23\lib\shutil.py", line 100, in copytree
    names = os.listdir(src)
WindowsError: [Errno 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht
finden: 'doc/*.*'
*** run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF ***

Kind regards,

    Viktor