[IPython-user] Re: XEmacs execute buffers/regions only once

Alexis Gallagher alexis at alexisgallagher.com
Thu Jun 10 10:26:10 CDT 2004

Alexander Schmolck wrote:

> Alexis Gallagher <alexis at alexisgallagher.com> writes:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've got ipython (0.50) running under Xemacs (21.5), and I've noticed that
>>XEmacs can only auto-execute python code once. Are others having this problem
>>as well?
>

> Are you using the right version of python-mode.el (the one that came with
> ipython.el)?
>
> 'as

Yes, I've set up my XEmacs init.el file so that the special ipython
version of python-mode.el is shadowing (i.e., loading first and thus
overriding) the python-mode.el that is distributed in the sumo bundle. I
have verified this using list-load-path-shadows.

I got ipython (0.50) from a fink package. I got the two .el files off
the ipython website, from ipython-emacs-0.3.tgz, since they weren't
included with the package itself.

Alexis