[IPython-user] Re: XEmacs execute buffers/regions only once

Alexis Gallagher alexis at alexisgallagher.com
Thu Jun 10 10:56:54 CDT 2004

Alexander Schmolck wrote:

[snip]
> OK, could you tell me what happens if you try:
>
> C-h v py-shell-input-prompt-1-regexp   (ought to be "^In \\[[0-9]+\\]: ")
> M-: (featurep 'ipython) (ought to be t)

Yup, those are exactly the values I found.

Another observation: I just double-checked and I'm getting exactly the
same problem when I run XEmacs in text console with TERM=ansi. Under
that configuration, the colorization of the ipython buffer within xemacs
is a bit off -- in "In [2]:", for instance, only the "2]:" are colored
blue. I'm not sure if this is a clue to XEmacs's parsing problem.

A second point: On the first call to py-execute buffer (say), I get the
usual message " ### working on region in file [tempfile]". The second
call then fails, as I described. But when I call py-clear-queued,
minibuffer message tells me that _2_ queued files were cleared. So this
again confirms that the first operation is never terminating in the eyes
of the ipython parser.

And a hypothesis: Is it possible the .el files in ipython-emacs-0.3.tgz
out of psync with ipython 0.50?

Cheers,
Alexis