[IPython-user] Re: Re: IPython and psyco

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 10 12:50:11 CDT 2004

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Fernando Perez (2004-05-18 07:20 +0100)
>
>>Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>>
>>>* David J. C. Beach (2004-05-17 19:02 +0100)

>>>Indeed, psyco.bind() works, thanks.
>>
>>Where should such calls go?  And is there really any measurable impact?  If
>>this is something with a significant impact I could mention it in the
>>documentation.  Can you comment a bit on your experience with it?  I've never
>>used psyco myself, so I'm quite curious.
>

> I haven't measured significant speed accelaration except in one
> function but my testing was not extensive. For a more "real world"
> scenario you might read:

Thanks to you and David for the psyco info.  I may use it for other projects,
but it seems that since ipython's interactive response is already 'fast
enough', it's one thing I don't need to worry too much about for now.

But I continue to follow psyco with the corner of my eye, since for numerical
projects it may become an interesting option in the future.

best,