[IPython-user] Re: Re: IPython and psyco

Michael mike at pcblokes.com
Fri Jun 11 15:49:13 CDT 2004

[snip..]
   >> documentation.  Can you comment a bit on your experience with it?  I've never
   >> used psyco myself, so I'm quite curious.
   >
   >I haven't measured significant speed accelaration except in one
   >function but my testing was not extensive. For a more "real world"
   >scenario you might read:
   >
   >* Charming Python: Make Python run as fast as C with Psyco
   >  http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-psyco.html
I've used Psyco in various projects - and usually notice a 'real world' speed up of 2-3 times in the intensive functions. I've never had any sort of problem with it and it behaves well with py2exe.

<SHAMELESS PLUG>
See Nanagram, dataenc and filestruct for three apps/modules that benefit from the use of Psyco.
The binary interleaving done by dataenc was sped up by about 3 times.
</SHAMELESS PLUG>

Regards,

Fuzzy

   >  ftp://www6.software.ibm.com/software/developer/library/l-psycho.pd????f
   >
   >* The Ultimate Psyco Guide -  Zope's TAL: a real example with benchmarks
   >  http://psyco.sourceforge.net/psycoguide/node9.html
   >
   >   >

[Message truncated. Tap Edit->Mark for Download to get remaining portion.]