[IPython-user] Tab complete problem under Cygwin

Travis Caldwell travis_caldwell2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 02:06:14 CDT 2004

 I initially saw this problem on the cygwin bash shell
runinig directly from the Win XP desktop.

 I tried it in an xterm window running in the cygwin
version of X and saw the same behavior.

 I don't have a copy of rxvt under cgwin, but I can
try and get one.

 In both shells I able to use other programs (ls
--color, vi,...) which use terminal escapes and I also
have up-arrow/down-arror history which I assume is
using some readline style functionality. I can also
get tab completion to work directly in the shell.

 The colored text functions of IPython all seem to
work fine.

            -Travis_Caldwell_
--- Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu>