[IPython-user] Re: Tab complete problem under Cygwin

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Jun 25 10:32:06 CDT 2004

Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> I don't think so because "the last 2-3 charecters of the input line
> get duplicated". I've reported that in March:
> http://www.scipy.net/pipermail/ipython-user/2004-March/000223.html
>
> Your final judgement was:
> ,---
> | >
> | > Standard GNU readline coming with bash. I could post my .inputrc but
> | > it's the same as on my Gentoo box where IPython works flawlessly.
> |
> | Mmh, then I'm stumped; sorry but I have no clue whatsoever. And
> | without a cygwin box to use, I won't be able to offer any better
> | diagnostics later either.
> |
> | Sorry to be of so little help. But if ever you or another user figures
> | out the cause and it's something I can fix on the ipython side, please
> | let me know.
> `---

Bummer!  Thanks for reminding me, I'd forgotten.  But it means I'm just
clueless on this one.

So here goes the questio again: is there _any_ way that anyone knows for
ipython to work smoothly under cygwin?  Any combination of terminal emulator,
.inputrc file, cygwin tricks, etc?

If anyone has a magic incantation, I'll include the information in the manual
for future reference.

Regards,

Fernando