[IPython-user] help issues

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Jun 27 23:52:02 CDT 2004

Arnd Baecker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tested the current CVS version wrt to the help problems
> (in connnection with scipy).
> Most of the things I also saw to happen with a normal
> python prompt (see my mail on scipy-user).
> However the ones below seem to be IPython triggered.
> I am not sure if it is worth tackling these already at
> this point, i.e. as long as the other problems
> with the normal python prompt exist, as the
> solution on the IPython side might depend on the solution
> taken there.

Sorry for writing twice in a row.  I realized I had recent CVS scipy running
on my work box, so after a quick ssh into it, things seem to be looking much
better (scipy CVS, scipy ipython here):

In [1]: import scipy

In [2]: help('scipy.integrateMISSPELLED.odeint')
no Python documentation found for 'odeint.scipy.integrateMISSPELLED'

In [3]: help('scipy.integrate.odeint')

---> This opened up the help page correctly.

This behavior seems as normal as I can expect it.  Let me know if you find
other cases where the behavior is sub-optimal, and I'll track them down.

Best,