[IPython-user] Re: Re: Re: exception with help()

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Mar 9 12:10:22 CST 2004

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Pearu Peterson (2004-03-09 08:31 +0100)
>
>>Off-topic feature request:
>>when quiting from ipython session then the following dialog appears:
>>
>>  Do you really want to exit ([y]/n)?
>>
>>Is it possible to disable this dialog? It is a bit annoying as when I
>>press ^D then it means I do want to exit, there's no need to ask extra
>>confirmation for that. If ^D would be interpreted as an affirmative answer
>>by ipython, then that would be great too.
>

> man ipython

Wow, I wonder who wrote such a nice, complete manpage ;-)

Joke aside, thanks!  I didn't really remember it actually was documented,
neither that I had added the 'hard exit' magics.  I'm starting to forget
ipython's details.  I use it all day long for scientific work, but I really
don't look at its internals too much these days, unfortunately.