[IPython-user] Re: Question about IPython

Davin davin at eztradelive.com
Fri Mar 12 07:52:15 CST 2004

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out. The 'shell' functionality I see
getting 90% of its use by *nix users, but it's good to be aware of
problems like this ahead of time.

I'm thinking that, just for safety purposes, it would be a good idea to
have a list of 'overrides'. These would be commands that don't contain
parenthesis in the first word (such as print) that need to be evaluated
directly by Python at any cost. (in other words, if a word is considered
an override it would skip directly to being parsed by the interpreter if
there is no iPython alias)