[IPython-user] [Reposted by fperez] broken completion

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Mar 17 16:34:13 CST 2004

Hi,

I'm reposting this here because you are not subscribed, and the ipython lists
only allow subscribers to post (too much spam).

> The attached message has been automatically discarded.

> Subject: Re: broken completion
> From: Mr Mathieu <mathieu.news at closetwork.org>
> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:02:38 -0500
> To: ipython-user at scipy.net
>

> Can you point me to the part of the Ipython code that does filename
> completion?
>
> I installed Ipython on windows, along with readline from uncpythontools.
> So tab completion works fairly well, but when trying to complete
> filenames, it doesn't pick up on the \ and prints everything instead.
>
> In [2]: @cd somedir\<tab>
> <prints all available objects>
> In [2]: @cd somedir/<tab>
> <prints available files/dir in somedir>
> In [2]: @cd somedir\    <--- Note that it corrects the / to a \
>
> Anyway, it's probably not too hard to fix, so if you point me in the
> right direction, I might be able to fix it.
>
> -Mathieu

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows box, and teh uncpythontools
readline code is windows-specific (under linux, the GNU readline library does
that).  So I don't really know where to even begin.  Gary Bishop is the author
of the code, so perhaps he can offer some insights.

Sorry for not being able to help further.

Regards,

Fernando.