[IPython-user] Readline for Windows

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed May 5 10:34:11 CDT 2004

Voidspace wrote:
> There is a readline module for windows :
> http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/readline.html
>
> If this is installed - Ipython crashes horribly................
> It obvioucly has different attributes to the Linux version................

Crashes horribly... Could you please be more specific?  Without a traceback,
it will be very hard to know what's going on here.  Feel free to post the full
traceback, or if you get an ipython crash report post that.

Note that if they decided to implement the completion protocol in a manner
very different to GNU readline, it will be pretty much impossible for me to
make it work.  But I know that ipython works ok with Gary Bishop's python
tools, which include readline and color support, so perhaps that might help you.

Regards,

f.