[IPython-user] Installationreport of IPython-0.6.0.rc1 on WinXP

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Sun May 9 13:38:29 CDT 2004

Viktor Ransmayr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to report that the release candidate installed w/o a glitch.
>
> For the record, this is w/ Python 2.3.3 and Windows XP Pro.

Many thanks for the report, especially from a Windows user (I can't test that
platform myself).

Could I ask you one more thing? Are you using Gary Bishop's tools
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/uncpythontools) for getting readline and
coloring support?  I'd like to know whether I applied all of Gary's patches
correctly and if these things work 'out of the box', so I can update the
Windows-related information in the manual and website.

Best,

Fernando