[IPython-user] Question about @run

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu May 20 19:09:13 CDT 2004

Yann Le Du wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a small program with a single function definition, the function is
> called func. If I run it using @run, modify the function definition using
> my editor, and use @run again to reflect the modifications, it works ok
> but the command func?? does not reflect the changes in the code.
>
> I get the same problem using IPython 0.5 or 0.6. I'd like to know if that
> behavior is to be expected, and if so, what other command should I be
> using ?

It's the same problem in inspect referred to here:

http://www.scipy.net/roundup/ipython/issue12

It's an inspect problem, I'll work on a fix which works for both python 2.2 an
2.3 (the inspect module is different enough that I need to be a bit careful).

Thanks for reporting it, I'll drop a line when I have a fix in CVS.

Best,