[IPython-user] Segmentation fault with -pylab

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Nov 4 12:27:40 CST 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:

[...]

> This is a really, really unpleasant hack.  I'll try to find something better,
> but so far my experience with threads has been so frustrating that I'm not too
> optimistic.

OK, I'm an idiot.  I just committed a much cleaner solution.  It still
requires you to type enter (I can't avoid this unless I find the real solution
with cross-thread exception handling), but all of that line mangling nonsense
is gone.

So while it's not perfect (and internally still a hack using a global), it's
far better than what I sent yesterday.