[IPython-user] EOF for the cmd class

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Thu Nov 25 00:51:10 CST 2004

Hi, all,

I am new to the list, python and ipython.  In slogging through some
tutorials, I tried an example that uses the cmd class to get and
process input from the terminal.

It works fine from python, but I can't persuade ipython to behave
gracefully when I end a session with ^D (this works as expected [or, as
I expect] with python).  I've scanned the ipython doc and recent mail
archives, but have seen nothing germane.

I'm on Mac OS X (10.3.6), using a home-built Python 2.3.4 with
readline, and ipython 0.6.4.

A clue for the clueless would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        | "Weaseling out of things is