[IPython-user] EOF for the cmd class

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Nov 25 00:53:33 CST 2004

Justin Walker wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I am new to the list, python and ipython.  In slogging through some
> tutorials, I tried an example that uses the cmd class to get and
> process input from the terminal.
>
> It works fine from python, but I can't persuade ipython to behave
> gracefully when I end a session with ^D (this works as expected [or, as
> I expect] with python).  I've scanned the ipython doc and recent mail
> archives, but have seen nothing germane.
>
> I'm on Mac OS X (10.3.6), using a home-built Python 2.3.4 with
> readline, and ipython 0.6.4.
>
> A clue for the clueless would be much appreciated.

Well, I'm afraid I'll need a bit more detail in order to understand the
problem.  The easiest approach would just be for you to post the code you are
trying to run (as an attachment, to avoid indentation/whitespace issues),
along with what you expect it to do.  I can probably just take it for a spin
with ipython and give you some clues.