[IPython-user] [Fwd: readline still fails on Win2K]

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Oct 11 17:04:32 CDT 2004

I'm forwarding your email to the ipython-user list, as perhaps other Windows
users have wisdom they can contribute.  I have had reports of things working
well for windows users, so I'm not sure what the problem for you may be.

I've copied below the sequence of messages you sent, in order to have all the
information handy.  Two questions:

1. Which ipython version are you using?  You copied your banner _except_ for
that line, which is the most important one :)

2. Just to confirm, you are using UNC readline and not the newcentury one, right?

With current ipython, ctypes 0.9.1 (NOT 0.9.0) and UNC readline, it should
work out of the box (and windows users _have_ confirmed this).

Best,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------