[IPython-user] Problem with Xemacs-21.4 and ipython.el

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Wed Oct 13 13:52:57 CDT 2004

Hi,

I just tried using IPython from inside XEmacs and am running into
problems.  I am using IPython from CVS and am using ipython.el and
python-mode.el from the emacs subdir there.  list-load-path-shadows
shows this:

/home/prabhu/lisp/python-mode hides /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages/lisp/python-modes/python-mode

So it looks like I have the right python-mode as well.

Anyway, the problem is that if I search for an earlier line and hit
enter or move up to a line I want to re-do I get the input prompt
again.  For example:

In [1]: a = 1

# Now move up to 1 and hit enter to get this:

In [2]: In [1]: a = 1

This is a pain.  ipython-to-doctest also does not replace the first
'In [1]: ' with >>>.  For example, I get this:

In [3]: for i in range(1):
...  print i
0

Instead of this:

>>> for i in range(1):
...  print i
0

I am not an Elisp Guru by any stretch of imagination but do use XEmacs
for bulk of my editing.

Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

cheers,
prabhu