[IPython-user] Problem with Xemacs-21.4 and ipython.el

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Oct 13 16:37:52 CDT 2004

Prabhu Ramachandran schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried using IPython from inside XEmacs and am running into
> problems.  I am using IPython from CVS and am using ipython.el and
> python-mode.el from the emacs subdir there.  list-load-path-shadows
> shows this:
>
> /home/prabhu/lisp/python-mode hides /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages/lisp/python-modes/python-mode
>
> So it looks like I have the right python-mode as well.
>
> Anyway, the problem is that if I search for an earlier line and hit
> enter or move up to a line I want to re-do I get the input prompt
> again.  For example:
>

> In [1]: a = 1
>
> # Now move up to 1 and hit enter to get this:
>
> In [2]: In [1]: a = 1

Mmh, I don't get this problem.  I'm using:

from python-mode.el:
(defconst py-version "$Revision: 4.22 $"
   "`python-mode' version number.")

from ipython.el:
(defconst ipython-version "$Revision: 1.8 $"
   "VC version number.")

Could you try this:
http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/python-mode.el.gz

and let me know if it makes any difference?  The python-mode included in the
ipython website is 4.20, which is what I thought Alex Schmolck wanted me to
distribute.  But perhaps I screwed up once again this stupid file :(

If it helps, and doesn't break anything else, I'll update what's distributed.

Man, we really need these changes propagated to the python-mode mainline, so
that I can stop worrying about this (and making mistakes which waste
everybody's time!)

> This is a pain.  ipython-to-doctest also does not replace the first
> 'In [1]: ' with >>>.  For example, I get this:

This one, I still see with the version I have.  So no clue there.

Best,

ps. A. Schmolck is off-line for a month, so if the file I provided doesn't
help, we're up the proverbial creek on our own :)