[IPython-user] Problem with Xemacs-21.4 and ipython.el

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Wed Oct 13 21:12:55 CDT 2004

    FP> Prabhu Ramachandran schrieb:
[...]
    >> In [1]: a = 1
    >>
    >> # Now move up to 1 and hit enter to get this:
    >>
    >> In [2]: In [1]: a = 1

    FP> Mmh, I don't get this problem.  I'm using:

    FP> from python-mode.el: (defconst py-version "$Revision: 4.22 $"
    FP>    "`python-mode' version number.")

    FP> from ipython.el: (defconst ipython-version "$Revision: 1.8 $"
    FP>    "VC version number.")

Arghh, I had version 1.2 for both files.  These were copied straight
from CVS.

    FP> Could you try this:
    FP> http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/python-mode.el.gz

    FP> and let me know if it makes any difference?  The python-mode
    FP> included in the ipython website is 4.20, which is what I
    FP> thought Alex Schmolck wanted me to distribute.  But perhaps I
    FP> screwed up once again this stupid file :(

Yes, you did! :( I just downloaded

 http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/ipython-emacs-0.4.tgz

and tried with that and the main problem is gone (the
ipython-to-doctest is still broken).  I thought the files inside
ipython/emacs in the CVS tree were up-to-date but they are both at
revision 1.2.

    FP> If it helps, and doesn't break anything else, I'll update
    FP> what's distributed.

Yes, *please*, the fact that dist contains ipython-emacs-0.4.tgz and
the latest IPython is 0.6.4 plus the fact that CVS files are usually
the latest and greatest had me totally confused.  I thought
ipython-emacs-0.4 was old.

    FP> Man, we really need these changes propagated to the
    FP> python-mode mainline, so that I can stop worrying about this
    FP> (and making mistakes which waste everybody's time!)

Amen, brother.

    >> This is a pain.  ipython-to-doctest also does not replace the
    >> first 'In [1]: ' with >>>.  For example, I get this:

    FP> This one, I still see with the version I have.  So no clue
    FP> there.

Same here.  I'll see if I can take a peek at it sometime.

    FP> ps. A. Schmolck is off-line for a month, so if the file I
    FP> provided doesn't help, we're up the proverbial creek on our
    FP> own :)

It does so we are on solid ground. ;-)

cheers,
prabhu